Saturday, April 9, 2011

Dirty 30 Recap

Last week, I celebrated turning "Dirty Thirty". By the way, my pal Hutch celebrated hers this week. Heehee, I'm not the only one! Anyway, I wanted to recap the festivities!



On Thursday 3/31, my actual birthday, I slept in, and cheated on my diet by getting a chocolate croissant from LaBou Bakery Cafe. If you live in Sacramento, you know how amazing these are. :-) I tanned, then headed to my tattoo appointment and got the amazing leg piece you can find here. After that, I met up with my family at Fat City in Old Sacramento for my birthday dinner. Fried green beans, pulled pork sandwich, and a cold beer - mmmmmmmmmmmm. We then headed to my parent's house for presents and brownie sundaes (I didn't want a cake). My parents got me the Xbox 360 Kinect system and 2 games (Zumba and Dance Central), and my brother and sister-in-law got me a cute Geisha charm necklace and the Zumba box set! The BF got me some great new cowboy boots (tan with pink and turquoise stitching), an A's t-shirt and sweatshirt.



On Friday 4/1, I ran errands all day in preparation for Saturday. I also got my hair colored and cut by my amazing stylist Nikki, as well as get my first pedicure of Spring. Nothing too special.



On Saturday 4/2, I prepped for my dual birthday party that night. The BF's best friend's birthday in the day before mine, so every year we do a dual celebration. This year, since we both turned 30, we decided to celebrate in proper fashion - with a costume party. The theme? Decades - past, present, and future. There were some great costumes - our friends and family are so creative! Some photos are below: 80's aerobic girl, 60's hippie, 60's housewife, 50's pin up


How cute is she? I love her! Old school b-ball player, Wendy Mo circa 1991 (inside joke) The Birthday Buddies! 50's pin up and the Unabomber (90s)


The BF: 80's gangsta rapper, me


My fanily! L-R: Mad Men couple, me, the BF, Mom: She's supposed to be herself, pregnant with me in 1981, and Dad: WWII Pilot


60's Hippie, 80's Caddyshack - he's the Caddy.



Mad Men Couple, up close


And on Sunday 4/3, I celebrated with the BF's family. His mom made my favorite dish - homemade lasagna. YUM! We did gifts and played my favorite Wi game - Wheel of Fortune. His parents got me some yard decorations and a Kohl's gift card for stuff for the house. His brother and sister-in-law got me Season 1 of Glee on DVD!


Thanks to everyone that made my birthday so special this year! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love! :-)