Wednesday, June 22, 2011

My Vacation - Day 1

Hello friends! I've been back from my vacation for nearly a week now, and I have to admit that I really didn't want to come back to the real world. I wish I could be on vacation permanently. Unfortunately, vacations cost money, and work earns money, so I must work. Oh well.

Day one of vacation was spent in Portland, OR. We pretty much walked around the Pearl District and downtown area, ate an amazing lunch, then later, had a great dinner and watched the NBA Finals (the Heat lost, boo).

The weather was nice when we arrived - cloudy but not cold. Later that afternoon, however, the rain started and didn't let up until the next day. While I expected that, I really wished that it would have held off longer......we got pretty wet while exploring downtown! That's why you don't see any photos of me or the BF below. :-)

Some photos of our first day:


Taken downtown by the Colombia River. We found a Fleet Week festival and walked around, checking out local crafters and street food.


View of the Colombia River from the waterfront.


If you visit Portland, you HAVE to eat here - Hot Lips Pizza. The ingredients are locally sourced and they make and bottle their own fruit sodas. I got the Chicken, Artichoke, and Spinach pizza - delish! I also tried their Blackberry soda - fabulous!


Sign post in Pioneer Square in Downtown Portland.


Pioneer Square. Great place for Portland people-watching!


Henry's Tavern is an amazing place for watching sporting events or tasting new beers. They have an all-day happy hour on Sundays - we shared three appetizers and got 5 beers total, and our bill was only $38! The appetizer above is Waffle Fries with Gorgonzola cream dip - YUM!


My beer at Henry's - Moose Drool! Loved it!


I'll be sharing Day 2 later this week. All in all, we really liked the city of Portland - gorgeous, clean, and very friendly people. :-)

1 comment:

  1. I've visited Portland a ton, but rarely do the touristy things since I'm usually with family that live there. I might make them take me to the pizza place next time though!

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love! :-)