Before you ask, no, my heater isn't on, and no, there's no fire in the fireplace.....it's still damn warm here in the AZ!! Highs this last week were in the mid-70s, lows in the 50s. Where I'm from, this is spring/fall weather, not winter. Although I'm not complianing (I love warm weather), it just doesn't feel like the holidays.
The weekend after Thanksgiving, people were starting to put up holiday decorations around their homes, and most were in tanks, shorts, and flip-flops. It's a surreal sight seeing a man in a tank top, sunglasses, and sandals hanging Christmas lights and setting up plastic Santas. :-)
The BF and I put up our tree and the few decorations we kept (we purged a LOT when we moved) last weekend. Here's a picture:
Yes, those are legitimate gifts under the tree. I'm 90% done with my Christmas shopping. :-)
And as normal, my cat can't get enough of the tree. This year, he's more interested in eating the fake pine needles than climbing it. I hope they don't hurt him.....but he seems fine. :-) Because I'm obsessed with my cat, here he his! My Mom wants me to make this my Christmas card picture....I think she's right.
I can't be mad at him - look at that face!!
Next weekend, I'm taking the BF out to a holiday-themed event to try and get us a little more in the holiday spirit. I'm excited, cuz it's a surprise....he won't know what we're doing till we get there. :-)
Are you and your family/significant other doing anything fun for the holidays? I'd love to hear about it!!
And in closing, I'll leave you with the cutest picture ever. This is my brother and sister-in-law's puppy, Benson. I DIED when I saw this photo, it's too damn adorable!!
Happy holidays!



No comments:
Post a Comment
Show me some love! :-)